Thursday, April 21, 2011

Home of the brave, land of the free

Last Friday the Department of Justice closed down 3 major online poker sites that serve Americans.

At this very moment countries such as China and Russia allow their citizens to play online poker yet America does not !

We are supposed to set the example in the world for freedom of liberties, some example gentlemen.



As Doc Holliday was once quoted: "the hypocrisy knows no boundaries"......... I think it is time we American poker players have a real voice and stand up for what we believe should be a right and a liberty as an American.

As for me, my life will take a downswing for the moment in terms of poker. I do not have the funds to play live, it is becoming even less likely that I will be competing in this years WSOP in Vegas even though I sold 75% for over $18k I am currently unable to cover the remaining $5k in shares. If I do not find a backer by the end of May it will be as scotty nguyen would say: " gonna all over baby" for me.

Well, if there is one thing I will credit years of grinding and learning the game is that just like in poker, in life things dont always work out as planned..

I will move on and learn from it and be better prepared next time...

I will try to blog randomly but now that I am not playing the game I love the subject & lessons I share will be further in between...

Have a great day and week and I wish you all success on & off the felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment