Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sundays

 Every online grinder knows what Sundays are about. The biggest prize pools as well as the biggest player fields and in the short term sample runs has the most variance. It is that variance that I am speaking about today.

 As a full time player we must constantly and consistently keep our focus on our play and the things we have control over such as volume and strategy approach. This very principle of variance can be so tricky.

 I just started playing on ipoker network where most of the players are significantly less skilled than your average Merge or Revolution player and the fields are much smaller than Stars or FTP on average. So many times during my session I will have to put large portions of 50bbs + in preflop with top hands due to how awful the players are fundamentally. These spots are unavoidable and even though I have them notched most of the time it still creates more variance.  

 For example, you are only 50% to win 4 consecutive 80/20's and that really puts things into perspective on how much variance there truly is in MTT play. So much more so than cash due to the structure and very nature of forced action.

 Being around 100 game sample on ipoker and on a 50 buy in downer really felt like I was running awful but last night I reviewed some HHs and reflected on my mindset at the tables I can definitely see that I have been playing well and the downswing is more normal that I realize that I still have plenty of room to improve and get better.

 One of my favorite Quotes is; "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing" and in this case the main thing is to fully focus today on my play and let the results take care of themselves....

GL ev1 that plays today  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment